The arrest by the Tamil Nadu police of a key terror operative linked to the proscribed al-Ummah outfit, involved in procurement and supply of explosives including the April 17, 2013 blast outside a BJP office in Bangalore, is likely to throw light on whether he was also the source of explosives for the February 21, 2013 twin blasts at Hyderabad’s Dilsukhnagar carried out by the Indian Mujahideen.
Shahul Hameed alias Parvai Basha, 36, whom investigation agencies have named as the supplier of ammonium nitrate explosives for the Bangalore BJP office blast has been identified as a key agent for explosives and is suspected to have been involved in the Dilsukhnagar blasts as well.
He was arrested near Punalur in Kerala on Saturday, exactly a year after the Dilsukhnagar blasts, by the Tamil Nadu police.
Parvai Basha is wanted in Tamil Nadu in connection with the supply of explosives to members of a splinter group of the proscribed terror outfit al-Ummah which was used to build pipe bombs used in attempted attacks on a BJP event featuring L K Advani.
In Karnataka, Basha has been named in a chargesheet filed by the Bangalore police in the April 17, 2013 BJP office blast case as the man who supplied explosives and detonators to the main accused in the blast – Police Fakruddin, Bilal Malik and Panna Ismail.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Sources in the police said Basha procured large consignments of explosives by illegally using the quarrying licenses of miners in Tamil Nadu.
Sources said Parvai Basha may be able to provide answers on whether the explosives from his consignments were also sourced for the February 21 blasts in Hyderabad by Indian Mujahideen for use by their operatives Asadullah Akhtar and Waqas.
Sources said Basha would be asked how he managed to procure the explosive material used in the BJP office case.