Namma Metro Phase-I work is on schedule and the 42-km stretch would be completed by March 2015, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah told the Assembly Tuesday.
In reply to questions by BJP member B N Vijay Kumar and N Cheluvarayaswamy of the JD(S), he Reach 3 (between Sampige Road and Yeshwantpur) and Reach 3A (between Yeshwantpur and Peenya Industrial Area) may be opened to public by February 2014.
Reach 3B (between Peenya Industrial Area to Nagasandra) may become operational by August 2014 and Reach 2 (between Mysore Road and Magadi Road) and the underground east-west corridor between MG Road and Magadi Road by December 2014. The last stretches, Reach 4 (between National College to RV College), Reach 4A (between RV Road and Puttenahalli), the UG north-south corridor between Sampige Road and National College, and the UG Majestic stretch are expected to be ready by March 2015.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Phase I should have been completed by 2011 but the deadline was first extended to December 2013 and later to 2015 due to delays in land acquisition and increase in project cost.
Progress till December 2013
Reach 2: Viaduct and 77 per cent of station work completed
Reach 3: Viaduct and 95 per cent of station work completed
Reach 3A: Viaduct and 95 per cent of station work completed
Reach 3B: 99.79 per cent of viaduct and 66 per cent of station work completed
Reach 4: Viaduct and 90 per cent of station work completed
Reach 4A: Viaduct and 65 per cent of station work completed
UG (east-west): 45 per cent completed
UG (north-south): 45 per cent completed
UG (Majestic): 41 per cent completed