Measures to test for the Ebola virus have been put in place in the Kempegowda International Airport at Bangalore since Friday in light of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Measures to contain the virus if detected in passengers flying into Bangalore from Africa have also been put in place.
Ebola outbreak in West Africa has been declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC) by the Director General of Emergency Committee, WHO.
“Routine screenings for Ebola have started and additional medical practitioners are available from the state health department,” Bangalore International Airport Ltd the company that runs the airport said here on Saturday.
“The teams are also in touch with the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases, Bangalore to facilitate dedicated beds, if required. The District Health Officer, on behalf of the Government of Karnataka, is providing Ebola awareness banners in English and Kannada to be displayed in areas with higher passenger footfall,” BIAL said.
All airlines have been directed to make announcements on mandatory requirements to counter the Ebola virus. An Information, Communication and Education is being conducted for staff at the airport and for passengers. Bangalore has a sizable number of students coming from African countries to study here and a fairly large number of businessmen travel to Africa from the city.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The Airport Health Office in collaboration with the District Health Officer, Devanahalli, will have an ambulance on standby for transportation of quarantined passengers, BIAL said.