In a bizarre incident, a man who killed his teenage daughter’s lover carried the dead man’s body on his scooter and surrendered before the police in Bangalore on Thursday.
The Riyaz Khan (38) allegedly murdered Sadiq (25) for eloping with his teenage daughter. He brought the body of the dead man in a gunny sack on his scooter and surrendered before the K R Puram police in East Bangalore on Thursday morning.
Khan requested the police to arrest him, confessing that he murdered Sadiq for eloping with his daughter on July 30 and hiding her away in Hommadevanahalli near the Bannerghatta National Park.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“The girl was 14-years old. Riyaz Khan is the father of the girl. Khan had filed a complaint about his missing daughter and the KR Puram police had registered a case of kidnap. He murdered Sadiq on Thursday morning and brought the body to the KR Puram police station,” the Deputy Commissioner of Police (East) N Satheesh Kumar said.
The KR Puram police said that Khan’s family and Sadiq were neighbors in the Siddapur area in South Bangalore until six months ago. Khan shifted to Devasandra in KR Puram after he built a house. Khan’s daughter and Sadiq were in love for the past one year. Following their estrangement over the recent months Sadiq and Khan’s daughter eloped together on July 30.
Khan had in his August 2 police complaint about his missing daughter stated that he strongly suspected Sadiq. He began a parallel investigation to track his daughter and learned that Sadiq was also missing from his home since July 30.
Khan met Sadiq in a meeting brokered by the friends and relatives of Sadiq at Hommadevanahalli near Bannerghatta on Wednesday night. The meeting failed after Sadiq did not produce Khan’s daughter. On Thursday morning at around 7.30 am Khan went back to the house where he had met Sadiq and attacked him with a machete.