In a bizarre incident, a man who killed his teenage daughter’s lover carried the dead man’s body on his scooter and surrendered before the police in Bangalore on Thursday.
The Riyaz Khan (38) allegedly murdered Sadiq (25) for eloping with his teenage daughter. He brought the body of the dead man in a gunny sack on his scooter and surrendered before the K R Puram police in East Bangalore on Thursday morning.
Khan requested the police to arrest him, confessing that he murdered Sadiq for eloping with his daughter on July 30 and hiding her away in Hommadevanahalli near the Bannerghatta National Park.
“The girl was 14-years old. Riyaz Khan is the father of the girl. Khan had filed a complaint about his missing daughter and the KR Puram police had registered a case of kidnap. He murdered Sadiq on Thursday morning and brought the body to the KR Puram police station,” the Deputy Commissioner of Police (East) N Satheesh Kumar said.
The KR Puram police said that Khan’s family and Sadiq were neighbors in the Siddapur area in South Bangalore until six months ago. Khan shifted to Devasandra in KR Puram after he built a house. Khan’s daughter and Sadiq were in love for the past one year. Following their estrangement over the recent months Sadiq and Khan’s daughter eloped together on July 30.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Khan had in his August 2 police complaint about his missing daughter stated that he strongly suspected Sadiq. He began a parallel investigation to track his daughter and learned that Sadiq was also missing from his home since July 30.
Khan met Sadiq in a meeting brokered by the friends and relatives of Sadiq at Hommadevanahalli near Bannerghatta on Wednesday night. The meeting failed after Sadiq did not produce Khan’s daughter. On Thursday morning at around 7.30 am Khan went back to the house where he had met Sadiq and attacked him with a machete.