The Lokayukta police conducted simultaneous raids on eight government officials at 21 premises in five districts in the state on Saturday morning as part of corruption investigations against them.
A chief engineer of the Bruhath Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) and four other officials in Bangalore were among those who were raided, the Additional Director General of Police (Lokayukta) HN Sathyanarayana Rao said. The raids had unearthed illegal asset to the tune of over Rs 10.65 crore, he said.
The raids were conducted on the basis of source reports generated against eight government servants, the senior police officer said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Lokayukta police have registered cases against them under the provisions of the Prevention of Corruption Act for allegedly possessing wealth disproportionate to their known sources of income. The simultaneous raids were conducted in Bangalore, Bidar, Belgaum and Chikkaballapur.