The Lokayukta police conducted simultaneous raids on eight government officials at 21 premises in five districts in the state on Saturday morning as part of corruption investigations against them.
A chief engineer of the Bruhath Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) and four other officials in Bangalore were among those who were raided, the Additional Director General of Police (Lokayukta) HN Sathyanarayana Rao said. The raids had unearthed illegal asset to the tune of over Rs 10.65 crore, he said.
The raids were conducted on the basis of source reports generated against eight government servants, the senior police officer said.
Lokayukta police have registered cases against them under the provisions of the Prevention of Corruption Act for allegedly possessing wealth disproportionate to their known sources of income. The simultaneous raids were conducted in Bangalore, Bidar, Belgaum and Chikkaballapur.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016