The Chikkaballapur Lok Sabha constituency Wednesday turned into one of the big battlefields for the Lok Sabha polls, with former CM and JD(S) leader H D Kumaraswamy filing his nomination to contest the seat against Union Minister for Oil and Natural Gas Veerappa Moily and the BJP’s former minister B N Bachegowda.
After filing his nomination, Kumaraswamy, without naming Moily or Bachegowda, said a person who had been accused by AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal of receiving thousands of crores of rupees from a private company and another person who had received money pumped in by the BJP’s PM candidate were his main opponents.
Kumaraswamy, who has been accused by Bachegowda of running away from the Bangalore Rural constituency, which he represented earlier, claimed he had the capacity to contest from any constituency in the state. “Bachegowda has been scared after I decided to contest,” Kumaraswamy said.
Kumaraswamy, son of JD(S) chief H D Deve Gowda, also said Moily does not pose any challenge to him.
Reacting to Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah’s charge that he was not manly enough because he cries in front of his party workers, Kumaraswamy said his tears were “from my heart”. “The tears are not for drama. Siddaramaiah has also cried many times,” Kumaraswamy said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The AAP has fielded former police officer K Arkesh as its candidate in Chikaballapur.