Close to fare hike by the Bangalore Metropolitian Transport Corporation, the Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) hiked its fares close to eight per cent effective from Saturday midnight.
While not clarifying the losses incurred in the previous financial year, the state transport corporation justified the hike as imminent to meet the rise in the cost of diesel along with increase of dearness allowance to its employees that altogether dented the corporation.
“Keeping in mind the passengers concerns we have kept the hike to bare minimal and only to meet purely the operational cost,” a KSRTC official said. Subsequently while the bus farein the North-Western Karnataka Road Transport Corporation (NWKRC) and North-Eastern Karnataka Road Transport Corporation (NEKRTC) fares have also been hiked by 3.5 per cent, however charges in the Volvo’s and Rajahamsa will continue remaining the same.
Recently, however Transport Minister R. Ramalinga Reddy t said that he will write to the Road Transport Department to exempt both KSRTC and BMTC from paying mandatory taxes.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest