The Karnataka police force may soon get a super specialty hospital and a medical college exclusively for officers’ families, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah announced in Bangalore on Friday. He was inaugurating the Traffic Training Institute and a canteen facility for the Bangalore city police. He also laid the foundation stone for Suvarna Mangala, a community hall in the city.
Siddaramaiah said Home Minister K J George had brought him up to speed with the proposal from the Police Department for the sanction of a superspecialty hospital exclusively for police families. He also said he will work towards setting up a medical college for children of police officers.
“I will make efforts to sanction these proposals in the view of the welfare of the police force in the state,” Siddaramaiah said.
He also advised officers to adopt sincerity, discipline and self control.
“The state government will not tolerate indiscipline even by senior police officers. The police should gain the confidence of the general public,” he said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
However, the chief minister declined to comment on the case against IPS officer Ravindranath. A criminal case was lodged against Ravindranath by Bangalore city police after two women alleged he had been taking obscene photographs of them in a cafe bakery on Cunningham Road. He later filed an atrocity case against officials for allegedly treating him unfairly. The case is under investigation by the Karnataka Criminal Investigation Department (CID).