The Karnataka state Lokayukta on Thursday conducted simultaneous raids at premises belonging to five government officials including a 1987 batch Indian Forest Service (IFS) officer Hari Kumar Jha and unearthed illegal assets to the tune of over Rs 15 crore. The raids were conducted after criminal cases were registered against the officials under the provision of the Prevention of Corruption Act based on information collected by Lokayukta officials.
Additional Director General of Police (Lokayukta) HN Sathyanarayana Rao said that raids were conducted at 10 premises including property belonging to Hari Kumar Jha, Additional Principal Chief Conservator of Forest and Managing Director of Mysore Sales International Limited (MSIL).
According to the Lokayukta police they have found property worth Rs 2.65 core including an under construction commercial complex at HSR Layout worth Rs 1.4 crore, a house in RMV II stage worth Rs 60 lakh, both in Bangalore, and some agricultural land in the officer’s native Dumra village in the Madhubani district of Bihar.
The other four officials whose properties were searched are BL Ravindra Babu, Superintending Engineer, PWD (irrigation); S Padmanabhan, Director for finance, Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation, Bangalore; R Bhaskar, an Assistant Secretary of Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB) and Srinivasa Murthy, Deputy Commissioner, Excise Department, Chikkaballapur.
The Lokayukta’s findings from the officials and their assets details:
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
1. Hari Kumar Jha, IFS, Bangalore: His total asset and expenditure is Rs 3.49 crore against an income of Rs 1.75 crore.
2. BL Ravindra Babu, Superintending Engineer, PWD, Bangalore: His total asset and expenditure is Rs 11.83 crore against an income of Rs 2.78 crore.
3. S. Padmanabhan, Director for finance, Karntaka State Road Transport Corporation, Bangalore: His total asset and expenditure is Rs 4.54 crore against an estimated income of Rs 2.19 crore.
4. R Bhaskar, an Assistant Secretary at the Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB), Bangalore: His total asset and expenditure is Rs1.59 crore against an estimated income of Rs70 lakh.
5. Srinivasa Murthy, deputy commissioner, Excise Department, Chikkaballapur: His total asset and expenditure is Rs 2.45 crore against an income of Rs 80 lakh.