The Karnataka state Lokayukta on Thursday conducted simultaneous raids at premises belonging to five government officials including a 1987 batch Indian Forest Service (IFS) officer Hari Kumar Jha and unearthed illegal assets to the tune of over Rs 15 crore. The raids were conducted after criminal cases were registered against the officials under the provision of the Prevention of Corruption Act based on information collected by Lokayukta officials.
Additional Director General of Police (Lokayukta) HN Sathyanarayana Rao said that raids were conducted at 10 premises including property belonging to Hari Kumar Jha, Additional Principal Chief Conservator of Forest and Managing Director of Mysore Sales International Limited (MSIL).
According to the Lokayukta police they have found property worth Rs 2.65 core including an under construction commercial complex at HSR Layout worth Rs 1.4 crore, a house in RMV II stage worth Rs 60 lakh, both in Bangalore, and some agricultural land in the officer’s native Dumra village in the Madhubani district of Bihar.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The other four officials whose properties were searched are BL Ravindra Babu, Superintending Engineer, PWD (irrigation); S Padmanabhan, Director for finance, Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation, Bangalore; R Bhaskar, an Assistant Secretary of Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB) and Srinivasa Murthy, Deputy Commissioner, Excise Department, Chikkaballapur.
The Lokayukta’s findings from the officials and their assets details:
1. Hari Kumar Jha, IFS, Bangalore: His total asset and expenditure is Rs 3.49 crore against an income of Rs 1.75 crore.
2. BL Ravindra Babu, Superintending Engineer, PWD, Bangalore: His total asset and expenditure is Rs 11.83 crore against an income of Rs 2.78 crore.
3. S. Padmanabhan, Director for finance, Karntaka State Road Transport Corporation, Bangalore: His total asset and expenditure is Rs 4.54 crore against an estimated income of Rs 2.19 crore.
4. R Bhaskar, an Assistant Secretary at the Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB), Bangalore: His total asset and expenditure is Rs1.59 crore against an estimated income of Rs70 lakh.
5. Srinivasa Murthy, deputy commissioner, Excise Department, Chikkaballapur: His total asset and expenditure is Rs 2.45 crore against an income of Rs 80 lakh.