A senior IAS officer and two members of his family have been named in an FIR registered by the HSR Layout police on Friday morning for allegedly abetting the suicide of the sales head of a real estate firm in the city.
The complaint was filed after Minu Ittina, 26, a resident of Ittina Sauparnika apartment on the Sarjapur Road, was found hanging in her residence on Thursday evening.
Her brother Manu Ittina, the managing director of the Ittina Group, has alleged that his sister took the extreme step due to harassment by his wife Vishalakshi, his father-in-law V P Baligar, an IAS officer and chairman and managing director of the Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd (HUDCO), and six other persons.
The HSR Layout police however said Minu Ittina had not left behind any death note implicating anyone for her death. The joint commissioner of police for law and order (East) K V Sharath Chandra confirmed that an FIR had been registered against V P Baligar, his wife, daughter and others based on the complaint filed by Manu Ittina. He said an investigation would be done after verifying the allegations made in the complaint.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Sources in the police department said Manu’s wife had made serious allegations on the closeness between the complainant and his sister. “My wife alleged that I was having a relationship with my sister (deceased) and that she would destroy the future of my sister by preventing her marriage to anyone. My sister was frustrated by the allegations and this led her to take the extreme step,” Manu Ittina has stated in his complaint police sources said.