The Bangalore traffic police created a “green corridor” in the city on Wednesday by turning all traffic signals green along a 40 km stretch to enable a heart to be transported for transplant in an ambulance from the BGS Global Hospital in Kengeri in West Bangalore to the Kempegowda International Airport in North-East Bangalore.
The heart which was to be taken to Chennai for a transplant reached the airport in 40 minutes compared to a normal time of 90 minutes, Deputy Commissioner of Police for traffic (West) S Girish said. The heart was transplanted around 5.30 pm at the Fortis Hospital in Chennai on Wednesday.
The Bangalore traffic police were informed around 1 pm on Wednesday about the urgent need to transport a cadaver heart to Chennai to save the life of a patient there. Doctors at the BGS Global Hospital removed the heart from a woman who suffered a brain death. The cadaver heart donated by the dead woman’s family was ready for transport at 1.55 pm in Kengeri.
The ambulance arrived at the Kempegowda International Airport by 2.35 pm after the traffic police cleared signals at all junctions in the path of the ambulance. “We cleared all the signals for the ambulance which helped it reach the airport within 40 minutes,” DCP Girish said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More