Gold jewels worth more than Rs 30 lakh were stolen from a jewellery store on the Ramamurthy Nagar Main Road near K R Puram. Thieves gained access to the store by digging a five-feet long underground tunnel into the store.
The robbery occurred at the Kairali Jewellers store in the RKM Complex situated next to a storm water drain, the Deputy Commissioner of Police in-charge of east division T R Suresh said. The shop was closed since Saturday and opened around 9 am on Tuesday when the incident came to light, the DCP said.
KR Puram police have taken up a case after a complaint by K Rajagopalan, owner of the jewellery store.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Rajagopalan said he had closed the shop on Saturday and gone to his hometown in Kerala. He returned to the city on Monday evening and opened the shop on Tuesday morning and found that jewels were missing from the shop.
Police said the miscreants dug up the tunnel from the storm water drain towards the RKM Complex. The police said the owner did not have a CCTV installed in the shop. A special team has been formed to crack the case.