Gold jewels worth more than Rs 30 lakh were stolen from a jewellery store on the Ramamurthy Nagar Main Road near K R Puram. Thieves gained access to the store by digging a five-feet long underground tunnel into the store.
The robbery occurred at the Kairali Jewellers store in the RKM Complex situated next to a storm water drain, the Deputy Commissioner of Police in-charge of east division T R Suresh said. The shop was closed since Saturday and opened around 9 am on Tuesday when the incident came to light, the DCP said.
KR Puram police have taken up a case after a complaint by K Rajagopalan, owner of the jewellery store.
Rajagopalan said he had closed the shop on Saturday and gone to his hometown in Kerala. He returned to the city on Monday evening and opened the shop on Tuesday morning and found that jewels were missing from the shop.
Police said the miscreants dug up the tunnel from the storm water drain towards the RKM Complex. The police said the owner did not have a CCTV installed in the shop. A special team has been formed to crack the case.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More