Days before Goa Carnival 2014, state Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar addressed the media in Bangalore Tuesday. He said a host of events had been lined up this year to promote Goa as a destination for celebration.
“We are ready to welcome 2.5 lakh tourists,” Parulekar said. “Goa is not just another beach. The state celebrates festival after festival throughout the year.” The four-day carnival, which begins March 1, will showcase the best of Goan food and culture and feature musicians from across the country.
Next on the state calendar was Shigmo, the spring festival, which would be celebrated between March 16 and March 31, said Nikhil Desai, director of tourism, Government of Goa. “This will be followed by a five-day cashew and coconut festival in May,” he said.
About 4 lakh tourists and pilgrims from Karnataka visit the neighbouring state every year. Addressing safety concerns in the aftermath of several crimes against tourists in Goa, Parulekar said the state had taken several precautionary measures.
Besides the 150-plus reserve police deployed at major beaches, the state had enlisted lifeguards to patrol the 105-km coastline at night, Desai said. “We are very close to launching a cab service by women and a mobile application for safety,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More