The Bangalore police have arrested four persons for allegedly purchasing stolen mobile phones and reselling them after changing the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) numbers of the phones using a new commercially available software.
The four persons who have been arrested are Tannu Pasha (32), Haneef Seth (28), Shabaz (24), Ravi Prasad Punja (47), Udayakumar (23) and Mohammed Hasib (24).
The police typically use the IMEI number of cell phones to trace missing or stolen devices. But a group of people were using a new commercially available software called Pendra to erase the IMEI number and fix a new number to sell the stolen phones again, police commissioner Raghavendra H Auradkar said here on Tuesday.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“Our police team headed by sub-inspector P B Kiran gathered information about the gang and managed to nab them. “We have seized 66 mobile handsets, four computers and four boxes of Pendra software,” Auradkar said.
The Upparpet police have registered a case about the crime and arrested the accused persons.
The accused Ravi Prasad Punja and Mohammed Hasib are owners of mobile phone shops and the remaining four accused persons are employees in different mobile stores in the old city parts of Bangalore.