An upmarket 11th floor flat, belonging to a chartered accountant was robbed by two unidentified persons in front of the owner’s grandmother on Monday.
The robbers tied up the grandmother of the accountant Sripal Jain and a maid who were present in the house on Monday morning before looting Rs 20 lakh in cash and gold ornaments weighing 300 grams. The incident occurred at the Brigade Gateway apartment in Rajajinagar in North Bangalore.
Police said they were informed about the robbery on Monday afternoon by the maid who worked at Jain’s residence. The Joint Commissioner of Police for law and order (west) S Ravi said the maid Gowri called the police after she managed to extricate herself from the plaster used by the robbers to tie her up along with Jain’s grandmother Mohini Jain.
The incident took place between 11 and 11.30 am on Monday. The Subramanyanagar police who registered a case of robbery said that Mohini and Gowri were inside the flat when the robbers gained entry.
Sources said that one of the accused persons has been identified as Maruthi, a former car driver of the chartered accountant. “Our investigations have revealed that both the suspects in the robbery are known to the family. We have collected information about them and will nab them very soon,” the deputy commissioner of police (north division) T R Suresh said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
One of the robbers had been working with Sripal Jain as a driver a few months ago and he had a swipe card to access the apartment premises, police said.