A family of six members, including two children, allegedly attempted suicide by setting themselves ablaze in a van in front of the Vidhana Soudha Friday morning, demanding action against a retired assistant commissioner for allegedly harassing them in connection with a property dispute.
Police managed to snatch bottles of petrol in the possession of the husband and wife after a fire tender and ambulance was called.
The high drama took place at the entrance of the Vidhana Souda (Gopala Gowda Circle) between 8 am and 10 am. The family members were identified as K Mahesh Bhupati, his wife Dakshayini, their children — a son and a daughter, and Bhupati’s elderly parents Giriyappa and Girijamma.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
The couple have been constantly alleging that retired ACP H Subbanna has been instrumental in favouring the brothers of Dakshayini in a property dispute. The police officer used his influence when he was serving in the police department to help her brothers, Dakshayini claimed.
The family of Bhupati had been staging a protest in Freedom Park over the the last three days, demanding justice and action against retired ACP Subbanna.
On Friday morning, they landed outside the Soudha in their Maruti Omni and threatened to commit suicide by setting themselves ablaze.
All six persons were later taken to the Vidhana Soudha police station for recording their statement.