A family of six members, including two children, allegedly attempted suicide by setting themselves ablaze in a van in front of the Vidhana Soudha Friday morning, demanding action against a retired assistant commissioner for allegedly harassing them in connection with a property dispute.
Police managed to snatch bottles of petrol in the possession of the husband and wife after a fire tender and ambulance was called.
The high drama took place at the entrance of the Vidhana Souda (Gopala Gowda Circle) between 8 am and 10 am. The family members were identified as K Mahesh Bhupati, his wife Dakshayini, their children — a son and a daughter, and Bhupati’s elderly parents Giriyappa and Girijamma.
The couple have been constantly alleging that retired ACP H Subbanna has been instrumental in favouring the brothers of Dakshayini in a property dispute. The police officer used his influence when he was serving in the police department to help her brothers, Dakshayini claimed.
The family of Bhupati had been staging a protest in Freedom Park over the the last three days, demanding justice and action against retired ACP Subbanna.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
On Friday morning, they landed outside the Soudha in their Maruti Omni and threatened to commit suicide by setting themselves ablaze.
All six persons were later taken to the Vidhana Soudha police station for recording their statement.