Former Infosys CEO and UIDAI chairman Nandan Nilekani, who is set to be the Congress candidate for the Lok Sabha polls from the Bangalore South constituency, has received the backing of Vokkaliga strongman and energy minister D K Shivakumar.
Shivakumar, who was recently inducted into Chief Minister Siddaramaiah’s cabinet after being kept out for seven months over alleged corruption charges, rooted for Nilekani’s candidature in parliament in the course of the inauguration of photo-voltaic R&D centre at Shivakumar’s Global Academy of Technology, a private engineering college.
Nilekani was the chief guest at the event. Speaking to students of the engineering college, the minister called on the students to emulate Nilekani. “Your voice will be represented by Nandan Nilekani in the parliament,” he said, publicly backing Nilekani’s candidature for parliament for the first time.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The support of Shivakumar and other leaders of the Vokkaliga community are considered crucial to Nilekani achieving electoral success in the Bangalore South constituency, which has a nearly 30 per cent voting population from the community.