Former Infosys CEO and UIDAI chairman Nandan Nilekani, who is set to be the Congress candidate for the Lok Sabha polls from the Bangalore South constituency, has received the backing of Vokkaliga strongman and energy minister D K Shivakumar.
Shivakumar, who was recently inducted into Chief Minister Siddaramaiah’s cabinet after being kept out for seven months over alleged corruption charges, rooted for Nilekani’s candidature in parliament in the course of the inauguration of photo-voltaic R&D centre at Shivakumar’s Global Academy of Technology, a private engineering college.
Nilekani was the chief guest at the event. Speaking to students of the engineering college, the minister called on the students to emulate Nilekani. “Your voice will be represented by Nandan Nilekani in the parliament,” he said, publicly backing Nilekani’s candidature for parliament for the first time.
The support of Shivakumar and other leaders of the Vokkaliga community are considered crucial to Nilekani achieving electoral success in the Bangalore South constituency, which has a nearly 30 per cent voting population from the community.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More