Following the interrogation of a young couple arrested for the murder of their seven-year-old niece, the Bangalore police have claimed to have cracked the over one-year old mystery of the killing of a journalist at his office in Deravajeevana Halli in east Bangalore.
Hafiz Shamshul Huda who was the chairperson of a cooperative society and the editor of a Urdu weekly “Makzan” was found murdered on the morning of July 3, last year at his office.
Police had failed to make any headway in the case until the arrest last week of a couple Salman, 28, and his wife Shabareen, 20, for the kidnap and murder of their niece Ratibha. Police are now claiming that it was the same couple who killed the newspaper editor for gain last year.
Salman alias Syed Salman (28) and his wife Shabareen alias Shabareen Taj (20) are the accused persons in the murder case of Huda as well, Bangalore police commissioner Raghavendra Auradkar said here on Monday.
The couple were arrested on Friday July 11 for kidnap and murder after their attempt to hold their niece to a Rs 10 lakh ransom failed. Police claimed that the interrogation of Salman had revealed that he was a nephew of the murdered journalist Huda. Police claimed that Salman and his wife murdered Huda after the newspaper editor refused to help them financially.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Salman and Shabareen were in love and married against the wishes of their parents and fell upon hard times, police commissioner Auradkar said. They tried to seek financial help from Huda but were refused and the couple allegedly murdered him consequently on July 3 at his office.
They allegedly robbed Huda’s office of Rs 60,000 in cash and gold worth Rs 50,000 after forcing him to part with keys to a locker before strangulating him to death. The couple had fled to Hyderabad following the robbery police claimed.
“From Hyderabad Salman called his father and inquired about the death of his uncle. He acted innocent and obtained details of the police investigation,” a police officer said.