Following the interrogation of a young couple arrested for the murder of their seven-year-old niece, the Bangalore police have claimed to have cracked the over one-year old mystery of the killing of a journalist at his office in Deravajeevana Halli in east Bangalore.
Hafiz Shamshul Huda who was the chairperson of a cooperative society and the editor of a Urdu weekly “Makzan” was found murdered on the morning of July 3, last year at his office.
Police had failed to make any headway in the case until the arrest last week of a couple Salman, 28, and his wife Shabareen, 20, for the kidnap and murder of their niece Ratibha. Police are now claiming that it was the same couple who killed the newspaper editor for gain last year.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Salman alias Syed Salman (28) and his wife Shabareen alias Shabareen Taj (20) are the accused persons in the murder case of Huda as well, Bangalore police commissioner Raghavendra Auradkar said here on Monday.
The couple were arrested on Friday July 11 for kidnap and murder after their attempt to hold their niece to a Rs 10 lakh ransom failed. Police claimed that the interrogation of Salman had revealed that he was a nephew of the murdered journalist Huda. Police claimed that Salman and his wife murdered Huda after the newspaper editor refused to help them financially.
Salman and Shabareen were in love and married against the wishes of their parents and fell upon hard times, police commissioner Auradkar said. They tried to seek financial help from Huda but were refused and the couple allegedly murdered him consequently on July 3 at his office.
They allegedly robbed Huda’s office of Rs 60,000 in cash and gold worth Rs 50,000 after forcing him to part with keys to a locker before strangulating him to death. The couple had fled to Hyderabad following the robbery police claimed.
“From Hyderabad Salman called his father and inquired about the death of his uncle. He acted innocent and obtained details of the police investigation,” a police officer said.