A couple has been arrested for allegedly ill-treating a 13-year-old domestic help, who is now recovering at a government hospital here, police said on Sunday.
The girl, hailing from Darjeeling in West Bengal, was brought to the city by the family from Assam, who runs a consulting agency here, they said. She was allegedly beaten by the couple, police said. As the girl fell unconscious on Thursday, she was first taken to the National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences by the couple and was later shifted to a private hospital, they said.
The girl was later shifted to the government-run Vani Vilas Hospital police said, adding, “she is now out of danger”. The couple was arrested on Friday and booked under various sections of IPC, including 326 (voluntarily causing grievous hurt with dangerous weapons or means), they said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free