The Congress is confident of winning at least 20 of the 28 Lok Sabha seats in the state in the forthcoming elections, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said on Tuesday, as he welcomed Karnataka’s lone Samajwadi Party MLA, CP Yogeswar, back into the Congress.
“We hope to win from Hassan too,” he said. Minister for Energy DK Shivakumar and KPCC chief G Parameshwara also attended the event.
A five-time MLA, Yogeswar, who won the Channapatna Assembly seat on an SP ticket, changed his loyalties four times before re-joining the Congress.
Siddaramaiah said Yogeswar, who wields influence in Mandya, Mysore, Chikkaballapur, Kolar, Channapatna and other parts of southern Karnataka, will be an important asset during the elections. “His inclusion will benefit us in the forthcoming elections,” he said, adding, “Congress is the only party that can address people’s issues and unite them.”
Parameshwara said there were long deliberations with Yogeshwar before he agreed to join the Congress. Yogeswar expressed his gratitude to the state Congress leadership for facilitating his return. “Coming back to the Congress is like coming to my birthplace. I will work hard to get more seats for the party in the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The chief minister referred to the tussle between Shivakumar and Yogeshwar in the last by-elections and said they will set aside their differences to work as a team.