Congress leaders belonging to minority communities, and Congress state unit president Dr G Parameshwara, addressing a rally of minorities on Saturday called for defeat of BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in the Lok Sabha polls. “The man who carried out a genocide in Gujarat is being projected as prime minister. What is the future for minorities if Modi becomes prime minister? Do we not have doubts about his agenda,’’ Dr Parameshwara said.
The Congress leader also called for a minute’s silence for the souls of victims of the riots. Dr Parameshwar said minorities need not fear as Modi was just one among a dozen aspirants for the PM’s post including Mulayam Singh Yadav, Jayalalithaa, Lalu Prasad, Mayawati and Karnataka’s own H D Deve Gowda. “Narendra Modi is a non-entity,’’ he said.
Aspirants for the Congress ticket from Bangalore Central, former Youth Congress president Rizwan Arshad, former railway minister Jaffer Sharief and former MP H T Sangliana addressed the rally. Arshad said the minority community would not allow an “RSS stooge” to be prime minister. “You must teach people, who believe they can govern this country by spilling blood of innocent people, a lesson.
The lesson must be taught in polling booths,’’ Arshad said and called Rahul Gandhi the real leader of the youth. Minority community leaders demanded six seats for minorities to contest in the state, four for Muslim candidates and two for Christian candidates.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More