Congress leaders belonging to minority communities, and Congress state unit president Dr G Parameshwara, addressing a rally of minorities on Saturday called for defeat of BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in the Lok Sabha polls. “The man who carried out a genocide in Gujarat is being projected as prime minister. What is the future for minorities if Modi becomes prime minister? Do we not have doubts about his agenda,’’ Dr Parameshwara said.
The Congress leader also called for a minute’s silence for the souls of victims of the riots. Dr Parameshwar said minorities need not fear as Modi was just one among a dozen aspirants for the PM’s post including Mulayam Singh Yadav, Jayalalithaa, Lalu Prasad, Mayawati and Karnataka’s own H D Deve Gowda. “Narendra Modi is a non-entity,’’ he said.
Aspirants for the Congress ticket from Bangalore Central, former Youth Congress president Rizwan Arshad, former railway minister Jaffer Sharief and former MP H T Sangliana addressed the rally. Arshad said the minority community would not allow an “RSS stooge” to be prime minister. “You must teach people, who believe they can govern this country by spilling blood of innocent people, a lesson.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The lesson must be taught in polling booths,’’ Arshad said and called Rahul Gandhi the real leader of the youth. Minority community leaders demanded six seats for minorities to contest in the state, four for Muslim candidates and two for Christian candidates.