The Karnataka state government has decided to withdraw the recruitment notification for 352 Gazetted Probationary posts, that was issued in 2011, following corruption in the selection process.
The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) police who investigated the allegations recently submitted a report to the state government confirming corruption in the recruitment.
Based on the report the state cabinet on Thursday decided to withdrawn the notification and conduct fresh exams to fill the vacant posts. Law and parliamentary affairs minister T B Jayachandra said after the cabinet meeting that the government was withdrawing the notification for the selection of 352 Gazetted Probationary posts.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“The matter was discussed before the cabinet on three earlier occasions. Today we have decided to withdraw the notification and begin a fresh recruitment process,” Jayachandra said. Candidates who appeared for the examination in 2011 will get an age relaxation to reappear in the fresh exam to be conducted through the Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC).
Meanwhile, candidates who were selected through the 2011 process started protests against the state government. More than 100 candidates had been on a hunger strike for the past 19 days and were hoping to end it on Wednesday if the government made a decision favorable to them.
The students who came to know about the government decision against them on Thursday gathered again at the Freedom Park and staged a protest demanding cancellation of the decision to withdraw the 2011 recruitment notification.
Two candidates Mahendra and Dr Govardhan who were selected to be Deputy Superintendents of Police (DSP) demanded that the state government withdraw the cabinet decision immediately by considering the fate of honest and meritorious candidates.
“Will the government dissolve the state assembly because of the presence of a few tainted legislators,” the candidates asked.
The government’s decision also took a political turn by the evening as the Janata Dal Secular (JDS) leader and former Chief Minister H D Kumarswamy, his party leader Basavaraja Horatti, BJP leaders CT Ravi, Govinda M Karajol visited the Freedom Park and expressed their support to the agitating candidates in their fight against the state government.
The KPSC scam came to light a year ago when a candidate, Dr Mythri, filed a petition about the malpractices in the recruitment process of KPSC Gazetted Probationers. The investigation by the CID revealed that a KPSC member Dr Mangala Sridhar allegedly demanded money from Dr Mythri to appoint her as an Assistant Commissioner (Revenue).
Dr Mythri’s was allegedly pushed down the KPSC merit list for refusing to pay a bribe to the KPSC member.
The CID police have so far filed a charge sheet against six persons in the recruitment scam case including a former chairman of the commission Gonal Bheemappa. CID officials submitted a 10521 page charge sheet before the 23rd Additional City Civil and Session Court a few months ago.