Taking on the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for his calls during the ongoing campaign for the Lok Sabha polls to free the country of the Congress, vice-president of the party Rahul Gandhi Friday said the Congress ideology is rooted in India and cannot be wiped out by anyone.
“Congress is a thought and an ideology that is very old and one that cannot be eradicated from India. Those who have who wanted to eradicate it have themselves been wiped out,” Rahul Gandhi said while addressing a rally at the Nehru Maidan here Friday.
With Mangalore being a communal cauldron and communities polarized along the religious line, the Congress leader claimed that his party was trying to promote politics of love and brotherhood and defeat parties involved in politics of anger.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“They pit a Hindu fight against a Muslim and a Christian. They make the people of Karnataka fight with the people of Maharashtra. They want to see people from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar thrown out of Maharashtra. In Mangalore they beat up women,” Rahul Gandhi said.
“Our philosophy is to take everybody along. We pursue love and brotherhood. We will fight those who play the politics of anger wherever we meet them and defeat them,” he said.
He refuted Narendra Modi’s idea that a country like India needed a single ‘chowkidar’ to guard its interest and alternatively suggested that the Congress could create crores of ‘chowkidhars’ competent to protect the interests of the nation.
The Congress leader said he saw Mangalore’s potential for growth on the lines of Bangalore. The Congress government will focus on providing infrastructure support to banking, education and the IT sector in the region, he said.
Education is the only way to bring more people above the poverty line into the middle class, Rahul said.
“We can achieve this is by providing access to higher education for everyone. Along with the existing graduation and post-graduation institutions, several other universities will be established so that everyone receives equal opportunity,’’ he said.
Chief Minister Siddharamiah took a swipe at the BJP for involvement of its ministers in the viewing of a porn video in the state legislature when the party was in power.
He said Modi was an RSS radical who would unleash the fundamental agenda of the RSS if voted to power.