- BJP deploys big guns as campaign enters last lap
- Poll campaign hit crescendo; Modi, Shah, Sonia, Kejriwal at rallies
- AAP discredited, confident of BJP win in Delhi polls: Venkaiah Naidu
- Modi gets into the fight: ‘Delhi will decide how world sees India’
- AAP, BJP ignoring govt employees, says Ajay Maken
- Arvind Kejriwal mocks BJP’s 4-point agenda
- Modi gave India self-pride: Uma Bharti
Cong candidate Nandan Nilekani files nomination
Like the day he joined the Congress two weeks ago, former Infosys CEO Nandan Nilekani filed his nomination for the Bangalore South constituency with dozens of Congress leaders in tow.
Nilekani, accompanied by his wife Rohini and a slew of local Congress strongmen crucial for reaching out to the constituency, filed his nomination at the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike office in Jayanagar here on Friday.
His name was proposed by the Jayanagar MLA Ramalinga Reddy, a crucial lynchpin at the grassroots level in the constituency in converting Nilekani’s campaign into a victory. The Vijaynagar Congress MLA, the wealthy M Krishnappa and the Chikpet MLA R V Devaraj were also present during the filing of the nomination. “I believe Bangalore deserves leaders who are passionate about building a better city,” Nilekani said after filing his nomination papers.
The who’s who of the Congress apparatus in Bangalore South later visited Nilekani to assure support for his candidature, including energy minister D K Shivakumar, Govindarajanagar MLA Priya Krishna and entrepreneur UB Venkatesh who had earlier been trying for the Congress ticket.