Like the day he joined the Congress two weeks ago, former Infosys CEO Nandan Nilekani filed his nomination for the Bangalore South constituency with dozens of Congress leaders in tow.
Nilekani, accompanied by his wife Rohini and a slew of local Congress strongmen crucial for reaching out to the constituency, filed his nomination at the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike office in Jayanagar here on Friday.
His name was proposed by the Jayanagar MLA Ramalinga Reddy, a crucial lynchpin at the grassroots level in the constituency in converting Nilekani’s campaign into a victory. The Vijaynagar Congress MLA, the wealthy M Krishnappa and the Chikpet MLA R V Devaraj were also present during the filing of the nomination. “I believe Bangalore deserves leaders who are passionate about building a better city,” Nilekani said after filing his nomination papers.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The who’s who of the Congress apparatus in Bangalore South later visited Nilekani to assure support for his candidature, including energy minister D K Shivakumar, Govindarajanagar MLA Priya Krishna and entrepreneur UB Venkatesh who had earlier been trying for the Congress ticket.