Like the day he joined the Congress two weeks ago, former Infosys CEO Nandan Nilekani filed his nomination for the Bangalore South constituency with dozens of Congress leaders in tow.
Nilekani, accompanied by his wife Rohini and a slew of local Congress strongmen crucial for reaching out to the constituency, filed his nomination at the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike office in Jayanagar here on Friday.
His name was proposed by the Jayanagar MLA Ramalinga Reddy, a crucial lynchpin at the grassroots level in the constituency in converting Nilekani’s campaign into a victory. The Vijaynagar Congress MLA, the wealthy M Krishnappa and the Chikpet MLA R V Devaraj were also present during the filing of the nomination. “I believe Bangalore deserves leaders who are passionate about building a better city,” Nilekani said after filing his nomination papers.
The who’s who of the Congress apparatus in Bangalore South later visited Nilekani to assure support for his candidature, including energy minister D K Shivakumar, Govindarajanagar MLA Priya Krishna and entrepreneur UB Venkatesh who had earlier been trying for the Congress ticket.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More