From its investigation of a case where a senior Karnataka IPS officer has been accused of taking objectionable pictures of two young women at a cafe in Bangalore, the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of the Karnataka police have in preliminary findings reported that the pictures were clicked on a mobile phone belonging to the officer but have not concluded as to who clicked the pictures.
The preliminary findings have reported a case for prosecution of the IPS officer ADGP P Ravindranath for outraging the modesty of a woman on account of his efforts to grab back the cell phone that was taken away from him at the cafe. The CID in its report given to the government on Tuesday has not presented charges of voyeurism that were initially pressed against the officer.
The CID probe has found that the sub-inspector M S Ravi who filed the FIR against the IPS officer had erred in the filing of the FIR.
The CID has recommended the suspension of the sub-inspector.
CID sources said that preliminary investigations had revealed that the senior IPS officer clicked objectionable photographs of a woman who was sitting at a table next to him in a cafe in Bangalore.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Police sources said that the Gujarath FSL had sent a report to the CID about the cell phone of IPS officer Ravindranath confirming that two photograph of women were clicked on the device used by Ravindranath on the day of the incident. The CID has said it would probe further to find out whether the pictures were clicked by Ravindranath or not.
The CID report has also given a clean chit to the Bangalore city police commissioner Raghavendra H Auradkar on allegations that he was behind the entire incident that were made by the senior IPS officer P Ravindranath.
The Ravindranath issue meanwhile figured in the state assembly on Wednesday with the opposition parties accusing the Congress government of causing a collapse in the law and order situation in the state by allowing policemen to agitate on the streets in support of the tainted IPS officer.
Former BJP home minister R Ashok raised the issue and sought an adjournment motion. Home Minister K J George said that the government had given freedom to the police to handle any kind of issues to maintain peace, law and order.