A gym instructor who was a central figure in a sex extortion racket has been arrested by the Bangalore Central Crime Branch police from a resort near Devanahalli on the outskirts of Bangalore.
The gym instructor identified as Raghu had been absconding for the past few weeks after his role in the racket was exposed. Among the others who are absconding in the case is prominent Kannada starlet Nayana Krishna.
It was run by a gang featuring film and television actresses, a policemen and local news channel employees. The gang is accused of using film and television actresses to seduce prominent persons, secretly filming sexual encounters and blackmailing the targeted persons.
The gang was busted while they were trying to extort Rs 25 lakh from a 65-year-old doctor at a prominent hospital in Bangalore. A police constable and two persons working with local news channels were initially arrested for blackmailing the doctor. The police investigation revealed that some actresses from the Kannada film and television industry were involved in the racket.
Three actresses named in the case, including Nayana Krishna, are still at large. The doctor who was targeted by the gang had initially paid Rs 1 lakh to the gang from fear that the video of his sexual encounters would be made public. He later approached the police when the gang demanded more.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The gym instructor Raghu who has a criminal history was identified as being one of the main co-ordinators of the activities of the gang.
“After the case was registered, Raghu went to his native place Hiduvalu village in Mandya along with his fiancee Latha. They then fled to Shiradi where he had his head tonsured. He stayed there for five days.
“Since he knew one Damodar Swamy in Manthralaya he went there and stayed until yesterday when he contacted his friend in Bangalore for a taxi at Devanahalli. He was planning to escape to Mumbai.
“When he got down from the Manthralaya-Bangalore bus in Devanahalli he was arrested at 4 am by the CCB,” joint commissioner of police Hemanth Nimbalkar said.