A gym instructor who was a central figure in a sex extortion racket has been arrested by the Bangalore Central Crime Branch police from a resort near Devanahalli on the outskirts of Bangalore.
The gym instructor identified as Raghu had been absconding for the past few weeks after his role in the racket was exposed. Among the others who are absconding in the case is prominent Kannada starlet Nayana Krishna.
It was run by a gang featuring film and television actresses, a policemen and local news channel employees. The gang is accused of using film and television actresses to seduce prominent persons, secretly filming sexual encounters and blackmailing the targeted persons.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The gang was busted while they were trying to extort Rs 25 lakh from a 65-year-old doctor at a prominent hospital in Bangalore. A police constable and two persons working with local news channels were initially arrested for blackmailing the doctor. The police investigation revealed that some actresses from the Kannada film and television industry were involved in the racket.
Three actresses named in the case, including Nayana Krishna, are still at large. The doctor who was targeted by the gang had initially paid Rs 1 lakh to the gang from fear that the video of his sexual encounters would be made public. He later approached the police when the gang demanded more.
The gym instructor Raghu who has a criminal history was identified as being one of the main co-ordinators of the activities of the gang.
“After the case was registered, Raghu went to his native place Hiduvalu village in Mandya along with his fiancee Latha. They then fled to Shiradi where he had his head tonsured. He stayed there for five days.
“Since he knew one Damodar Swamy in Manthralaya he went there and stayed until yesterday when he contacted his friend in Bangalore for a taxi at Devanahalli. He was planning to escape to Mumbai.
“When he got down from the Manthralaya-Bangalore bus in Devanahalli he was arrested at 4 am by the CCB,” joint commissioner of police Hemanth Nimbalkar said.