Nine persons who collected a Rs 1.3 crore ransom after kidnapping the mother of real estate businessman have been arrested by the Bangalore Rural district police. Among the arrested persons is the driver of the kidnapped woman’s car. The driver had pretended to be a victim of the kidnapping as well and was found to be accomplice after police conducted investigations following the release of the 60-year-old woman.
The kidnapped woman Anasuyamma who lived in Anekal in the Bangalore Rural district used to visit her realtor son Srirama Reddy every weekend. She was driven on Saturdays to her son’s residence in Koramangala in south Bangalore by her driver Raju. Last Saturday the car carrying Anasuyamma was waylaid by a gang of eight persons near the Huskur Gate on the outskirts of Bangalore City. The gang captured Anasuyamma and her driver and placed ransom demands with Anasuyamma’s son Srirama Reddy.
The real estate businessman coughed up a ransom of Rs one crore in cash and gold jewellery worth Rs 30 lakh for the release of his mother.
The abductors released Anasuyamma on the night of the kidnapping itself after collecting the ransom amount which Reddy paid.
While no police complaint was filed by Reddy his mother lodged a police complaint after she learned that her son had paid a huge ransom for her release. The Hebbagodi police in the Bangalore Rural district found following investigations that the car driver passed on information about their travel plans to some unknown persons last weekend leading to the interception of the car at the Huskur Gate. The probe lead the police to the driver Raju’s friends M Ganesh, Manju, Manjunath and Krishnappa of Krishnagiri district, as well as Syed Imran, Saleem alias Saleem Khan, Imran alias Sadiq of Mysore. Under sustained interrogation the gang spilt the beans regarding the kidnapping. The police recovered Rs 94.5 lakh in cash and gold jewellery from the accused.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The inspector general of police (central range) Syed Ulfath Hussain said that the kidnapping victim Anasuyamma’s driver Raju played a central role in the plot but feigned innocence during the execution of the kidnapping for ransom by his associates.