Nine persons who collected a Rs 1.3 crore ransom after kidnapping the mother of real estate businessman have been arrested by the Bangalore Rural district police. Among the arrested persons is the driver of the kidnapped woman’s car. The driver had pretended to be a victim of the kidnapping as well and was found to be accomplice after police conducted investigations following the release of the 60-year-old woman.
The kidnapped woman Anasuyamma who lived in Anekal in the Bangalore Rural district used to visit her realtor son Srirama Reddy every weekend. She was driven on Saturdays to her son’s residence in Koramangala in south Bangalore by her driver Raju. Last Saturday the car carrying Anasuyamma was waylaid by a gang of eight persons near the Huskur Gate on the outskirts of Bangalore City. The gang captured Anasuyamma and her driver and placed ransom demands with Anasuyamma’s son Srirama Reddy.
The real estate businessman coughed up a ransom of Rs one crore in cash and gold jewellery worth Rs 30 lakh for the release of his mother.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The abductors released Anasuyamma on the night of the kidnapping itself after collecting the ransom amount which Reddy paid.
While no police complaint was filed by Reddy his mother lodged a police complaint after she learned that her son had paid a huge ransom for her release. The Hebbagodi police in the Bangalore Rural district found following investigations that the car driver passed on information about their travel plans to some unknown persons last weekend leading to the interception of the car at the Huskur Gate. The probe lead the police to the driver Raju’s friends M Ganesh, Manju, Manjunath and Krishnappa of Krishnagiri district, as well as Syed Imran, Saleem alias Saleem Khan, Imran alias Sadiq of Mysore. Under sustained interrogation the gang spilt the beans regarding the kidnapping. The police recovered Rs 94.5 lakh in cash and gold jewellery from the accused.
The inspector general of police (central range) Syed Ulfath Hussain said that the kidnapping victim Anasuyamma’s driver Raju played a central role in the plot but feigned innocence during the execution of the kidnapping for ransom by his associates.