The BJP withdrew Monday its dharna over the death of a police sub-inspector in an encounter after Home Minister K J George promised the Assembly that the House would be apprised of the status of the CID investigation in the matter in the ongoing legislative session.
The Opposition party had used the issue to attack the Siddaramaiah government Friday and disrupted House proceedings Monday, forcing adjournment of the session.
Monday, BJP leader Jagadish Shettar reiterated his demand for action against Inspector General of Police (north-eastern range) Mohammed Vazir Ahmed and sought a CBI probe into the death of sub-inspector Mallikarjuna Bande. Chief Minister Siddaramaiah explained that the CID had already started investigating the matter but Opposition protests continued, forcing Speaker Kagodu Timmappa to adjourn the session for 30 minutes.
When the session resumed, Home Minister George said he would ensure a status report of the investigation is tabled in the ongoing session. Bande, critically wounded in a gun battle with gangster Munna alias Mohammed Ali in Gulbarga, died in a private hospital on January 15. George said the State government had announced a Rs 5-lakh compensation to ASI Uddandappa, who was injured in the encounter.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest