Two employees of HDFC Life Insurance were arrested by the Bangalore city police on Saturday allegedly outraging the modesty of a college student when she was returning home last week on the evening of July 22. Bangalore police commissioner MN Reddi said the accused had been identified as Rohith Tiwari (22) and his colleague Santosh Kumar alias Santosh Prabhu (21), residents of Muneshwara Layout in Kadugodi. They duo allegedly followed the college student on a two wheeler and molested her.
Police commissioner Reddi said that the 20-year-old victim was her way to her residence on her on Tuesday evening at around 7 pm when two miscreants followed her vehicle. At the Ejipura Ring Road near the Srinivagilu junction in south Bangalore the victim stopped her scooter to escape her stalkers but the duo also stopped their bike, approached her and molested her, police said. The victim filed a complaint against the miscreants with the Vivekanagar police that night.
Police tracked down the suspects on the basis of a partial registration number of the motorcycle used by the attackers which was noted down and provided by the victim. A special team that was formed to nab the suspected verified more than 2000 motorcycles with numbers similar to what was provided by the victim before narrowing down on the suspects. The two suspects who were detained on Saturday confessed to their crime, police said. Investigations had revealed that Rohith Tiwari is a commerce graduate working as a development manager attached with HDFC Life Insurance while Santosh his colleague and accomplice was working as a direct sales manager. “The investigation has revealed that the accused are habitual offenders. Teasing and molesting women are not new to them,” police commissioner Reddi said. A Vivekanagar police team headed by inspector Vijay Hadagali nabbed the culprits.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage