A video of a principal allegedly beating the students of Industrial Training Institute here has gone viral after it was shared with the media by the students today.
The students, who were witness to the incident, made the video using a smartphone, showing the alleged caning or beating of students by the principal over “flimsy reasons.”
“Some students have taken a video of the principal caning a student in the classroom for a silly reason and leaked it to the media,” a student of the college said on condition of anonymity.
- Teacher in Dadri school accused of showing students obscene videos
- Blue Whale Challenge: schools on alert, teachers keep watch on students
- What is the BHU protest? everything you need to know
- Video of Noida student being slapped goes viral: School says ‘slap bet’
- Shocking video: Lucknow schoolteacher BRUTALLY BEATS Class III student for not replying to roll call
- Watch: Video of principal thrashing students for complaining about the heat goes viral
He alleged that the principal used to beat for not submitting assignments or for coming late to the class. “The principal beats us for not submitting assignments and cleaning shoes. He also beats us for coming late,” he said.
The students, however, have not lodged a complaint with the police, fearing unfavourable repercussions including removal from the college among other reasons.
“The college is being run by a relative of late minister – therefore we haven’t yet approached the police to lodge a complaint, fearing our removal from the college,” he said.
However, some hundred students of the college have resolved to lodge a complaint in the KR Puram police station, and then approach human rights commission tomorrow.
“We have decided to lodge a police complaint with KR Puram police and move a petition before human rights commission,” he added.
The principal, however, did not respond to the calls for his side of the story.