Bangalore city traffic police have decided to suspend the registration certificates (RC) of vehicles with shrill horns and defective silencers. Additional Commissioner of Police (Traffic and Security) B Dayananda said stringent action will be taken against vehicles found guilty of causing sound pollution.
Between January and May 31 of this year, city police booked 7,470 cases where vehicles were found to be using shrill horns and 2,557 cases for using defective silencers.
Dayananda said that traffic police officers have been asked to report any such violations to the concerned Regional Transport Offices (RTOs) at the very first instance. “To avoid confusion and accidents and also to reduce sound pollution, we have taken this initiative,” MN Baburajendra Prasad, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Traffic East) said.
Traffic police said such cases will be booked under Section 53(1)(a) of the Motor Vehicles Act 1988 wherein the RC book can be seized by the police and then sent to the RTO for suspension.
Police also said that the rule will be extended to penalise people driving with bald tyres and emitting black smoke. As of now, Bangalore police largely let off these offenders after collecting a fine.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched