A ruling Congress MLA who was accused of assaulting two constables in a brawl at a bar last week, resurfaced in Bangalore on Sunday days after he was reported absconding.
Vijayanand Kashappannavar, the Congress MLA from the Hungund Constituency in north Karnataka, who had gone missing following the filing of a case against him, on Sunday maintained that he was not dodging the police and was ready to face any probe.
He is accused of assaulting two policemen who tried to enforce a 1 am night life-deadline at the Skyye Bar and Restaurant in central Bangalore on July 1 where the MLA was hosting his birthday party.
The issue of the MLA’s assault on the police and the failure of the Congress government in Karnataka in ensuring his detention had rocked the state legislature on Friday. The issue was threatening to disrupt the House proceedings on Monday as the opposition BJP threatened today to throw a legislature session out of gear over the issue.
Following his re-emergence at his Bangalore residence on Sunday, Kashappanavar claimed that he had not received any summons from the police in the Skyye Bar assault case where he is the prime accused along with a criminal history sheeter associate Some Gowda.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“I am very much in Bangalore…I will be here. Being the legislator, I am answerable to people. I am not running away,” he said claiming that he was available to the police for investigation whenever necessary.
The opposition BJP has accused the ruling Congress government of delaying proceedings against Kashappanavar in an effort to enable the MLA and his associates to obtain anticipatory bail in the assault case. The case registered by the Cubbon Park police has been transferred to the Central Crime Branch.
The police have in their complaint stated that the Skyye Bar was serving alcohol beyond the 11 am deadline for liquor on weekdays at the insistence of the MLA. When police arrived to shut the bar after the 1 am deadline for dinner, the MLA and his associates roughed up two police constables and abused them.