The Bangalore city police on Friday said that they have rescued an abducted person after opening fire at his abductor in an encounter in the morning at Kalpalli graveyard in east Bangalore.
City police said that the main accused, identified as Praveen, 29, was injured in the firing and has been admitted to Bowring Hospital for treatment.
Praveen is accused of kidnapping Srinivas, an employee of his former boss, Louis. He has eight criminal cases registered against him at various police stations including Bharathinagar and Pulikeshinagar.
His associate Kumaresh has also been arrested and is lodged with Bharathinagar police for further investigation.
Police had been looking for Praveen, who is accused of stabbing Louis in an act of revenge. The two had been working together for a few years, but fell apart when Louis accused Praveen of misappropriating money. Based on a police complaint filed by Louis, Praveen served time in jail and vowed to exact revenge on his boss.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
After Praveen allegedly stabbed Louis in his office and fled the scene, Bharathinagar police registered a case of an attempt to murder and launched a manhunt for him. But before the police could track him down, he kidnapped Srinivas on Thursday morning from Hennur and made an extortion call to his family, demanding Rs 20,000 as ransom. Bharathinagar police, who were alerted about the kidnap, swung into action to locate Praveen.
A search team led by Police Inspector KS Nagaraj finally tracked him down at Kalpalli graveyard. When Syed, a police constable, attempted to nab him, Praveen attacked him with a machete. He also reportedly attempted an attack on Nagaraj. The police inspector then fired at Nagaraj’s right leg, injuring him and placing him under arrest.