The Bangalore city police on Friday said that they have rescued an abducted person after opening fire at his abductor in an encounter in the morning at Kalpalli graveyard in east Bangalore.
City police said that the main accused, identified as Praveen, 29, was injured in the firing and has been admitted to Bowring Hospital for treatment.
Praveen is accused of kidnapping Srinivas, an employee of his former boss, Louis. He has eight criminal cases registered against him at various police stations including Bharathinagar and Pulikeshinagar.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
His associate Kumaresh has also been arrested and is lodged with Bharathinagar police for further investigation.
Police had been looking for Praveen, who is accused of stabbing Louis in an act of revenge. The two had been working together for a few years, but fell apart when Louis accused Praveen of misappropriating money. Based on a police complaint filed by Louis, Praveen served time in jail and vowed to exact revenge on his boss.
After Praveen allegedly stabbed Louis in his office and fled the scene, Bharathinagar police registered a case of an attempt to murder and launched a manhunt for him. But before the police could track him down, he kidnapped Srinivas on Thursday morning from Hennur and made an extortion call to his family, demanding Rs 20,000 as ransom. Bharathinagar police, who were alerted about the kidnap, swung into action to locate Praveen.
A search team led by Police Inspector KS Nagaraj finally tracked him down at Kalpalli graveyard. When Syed, a police constable, attempted to nab him, Praveen attacked him with a machete. He also reportedly attempted an attack on Nagaraj. The police inspector then fired at Nagaraj’s right leg, injuring him and placing him under arrest.