The Karnataka state Lokayukta conducted simultaneous raids on seven government servants in four districts of Karnataka including Bangalore and unearthed illegal assets to the tune of over Rs 9.7 crores here on Wednesday.
The raids were conducted after criminal cases were registered under the provisions of the Prevention of Corruption Act. The Additional Director General of Police (Lokayukta) HN Sathyanarayana Rao said that raids were conducted at 19 premises in Bangalore, Gulbarga, Bidar and Davangere.
Here are the details of the officials who were raided:
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
A B Hemachandra, CEO of Davangere zilla panchayat. His total asset and expenditure was Rs 2.67 crore against an estimated income Rs 1.35 crore.
M Venugopal, Executive Engineer, Karnataka Road Development Corporation Ltd, Bangalore | His total asset and expenditure is Rs 1.4 crore against his estimated income Rs 64 lakh. He made disproportionate of asset worth Rs76.79 lakh at 120 per cent.
V Muniyappa, Managing Direcor, Karnataka Council for Technical Upgradation, Bangalore | His total asset and expenditure is Rs 4.1 crore against an estimated income of Rs 1.9 crore.
BN Muninarayanappa, Registrar, Karnataka State Nursing Council, Bangalore | His total asset and expenditure was Rs 3.21 crore against an estimated income of Rs 85 lakh.
HS Prasanna Kumar, EE, Sri Devaraj Urs Truck Terminals Ltd, Bangalore | His total asset and expenditure was Rs 3 crore against an estimated income of Rs 95 lakh.
Havagi Rao, Junior Engineer, Panchayath Raj Engineering Sub-division, Bidar | His total asset and expenditure is Rs 69.53 lakh against an estimated income of Rs 20 lakh.
Syed Nisar Ahmed Vazir, FDA, office of Regional Commissioner, Gulbarga | His total asset and expenditure is Rs 1.08 crore against an estimated income of Rs 55 lakh.