Nightlife is no longer the same in the country’s IT hub. With the extended deadline from 11 pm till 1 am for bars and restaurants on Fridays and Saturdays coming into effect last night, Bangalore residents appeared to be warming up on the first day of the increased happy hours.
Confusion among bar owners and lack of awareness among public, however, led to a mixed response even while revellers
welcomed the new found nightlife. The city saw good number of bars closed after 11 pm, while a few remained opened as owners were in a state of confusion about the relaxation on not having received the government order.
Similar was the case with public, as many returned home by midnight unaware of the deadline extension. Those bars which remained open hoping for good turnout of customers did not see response near the expected mark. Bar owners expect the trend to change in the weeks to come as people get to know about the extended hours for night life in the city, with many of them resorting to sending text messages to their regular customers to spread awareness.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Police also geared up for the new situation, keeping an eye on revellers and stepping up patrols, with a senior police official also indicating that checks on drunk driving may also be extended till 2 am. The state government had recently extended the deadline for night life from 11 pm till 1 am for bar and restaurants on Fridays and Saturdays while stating that the revised timing would be applicable to eateries on all days.
Announcing the decision Home Minister K J George had said that there were both demand and opposition to the proposal, but the decision was taken after consulting stakeholders like police, tourism and excise departments and the rule would be reviewed after three months.