A Congress legislator from the Hungund constituency in North Karnataka has been booked along with a criminal history sheeter for assaulting two police constables at the upmarket Skye Bar and Pub located at the UB city in central Bangalore.
The Cubbon Park police registered a case against Vijay Kashappanavar, a legislator, and a rowdy Somashekar Gowda based on a complaint by police constables Prashanth Nayak and Kiran Kumar who are attached to the Cubbon Park police station.
Police commissioner Raghavendra H Auradkar said that a case had been registered by the police against Gowda and others for assaulting the police constables who were on duty. The commissioner said the legislator had not been named in the FIR lodged by the constables. Police sources however confirmed that MLA Kashappanavar was among those named in the FIR with Gowda.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The Cubbon Park police said that the constables Nayak and Kumar were on night duty on Tuesday night when they learnt that the Skye Bar was open beyond the prescribed time limit. The policemen rushed to the bar around 1 am and started videographing the activity at the bar as per standard procedures followed by the police. Some of the patrons at the bar objected to the videography and argued with the policemen when it was brought to their notice that the bar was open beyond the prescribed time limit.
The MLA Kashappanavar and the rowdy sheeter Somashekar Gowda allegedly intervened in the incident and claimed that the party was being hosted by the MLA to celebrate his birthday. An argument ensued and the policemen were assaulted by the MLA and his associate.
The policemen filed a complaint against Kashappanavar and Somashekar Gowda and others in the Cubbon Park station.