A Congress legislator from the Hungund constituency in North Karnataka has been booked along with a criminal history sheeter for assaulting two police constables at the upmarket Skye Bar and Pub located at the UB city in central Bangalore.
The Cubbon Park police registered a case against Vijay Kashappanavar, a legislator, and a rowdy Somashekar Gowda based on a complaint by police constables Prashanth Nayak and Kiran Kumar who are attached to the Cubbon Park police station.
Police commissioner Raghavendra H Auradkar said that a case had been registered by the police against Gowda and others for assaulting the police constables who were on duty. The commissioner said the legislator had not been named in the FIR lodged by the constables. Police sources however confirmed that MLA Kashappanavar was among those named in the FIR with Gowda.
The Cubbon Park police said that the constables Nayak and Kumar were on night duty on Tuesday night when they learnt that the Skye Bar was open beyond the prescribed time limit. The policemen rushed to the bar around 1 am and started videographing the activity at the bar as per standard procedures followed by the police. Some of the patrons at the bar objected to the videography and argued with the policemen when it was brought to their notice that the bar was open beyond the prescribed time limit.
The MLA Kashappanavar and the rowdy sheeter Somashekar Gowda allegedly intervened in the incident and claimed that the party was being hosted by the MLA to celebrate his birthday. An argument ensued and the policemen were assaulted by the MLA and his associate.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The policemen filed a complaint against Kashappanavar and Somashekar Gowda and others in the Cubbon Park station.