In the fallout of alleged rape of a six-year old girl at a public school that triggered public outrage, police on Saturday issued tough guidelines to schools in Bangalore for safety of children and warned of prosecution in the event of its non-compliance.
Under the guidelines, school buses should fix GPS and CCTV cameras and drivers should be isolated and not allowed to mingle with the children after they had parked the vehicles.
“Unnecessary interaction with the children… that should be avoided because we have found that these people also have been accused in some cases,” Bangalore Police Commissioner M N Reddi told reporters releasing the guidelines.
Schools are required to depute one Floor Vigilance Officer, who would sit in a transparent cabin, where he could keep a watch on “someone coming – whether children are going to bathroom, whether someone is entering classrooms. If they see any problem they will report it to the school authorities,” he said.
Areas like gym and swimming pools and other sports facilities should be confined to persons who are authorised and connected with the subject they are teaching, Reddi said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Teachers cannot come in the skating ring and loiter around. Only the skating instructor should be there,” he said, as the measures came after nearly week-long protests with public anger mounting over the shocking incident.
The incident happened on July 2 at high-profile Vibgyor High School but the complaint was lodged by parents with police on July 14.
The skating instructor Mustafa was arrested a week later as the main accused and the school founder-chairman Rustom Kerawalla was arrested three days ago on charge of suppressing evidence among others.
The incident had led to change in senior top echelon of police with Reddi coming in as city police chief.