A 24-year-old son of a leader of Bahujan Samaj Party has been arrested for sexually assaulting a post-graduation student, who was kidnapped by the youth and his friends on Thursday night after posing as policemen.
The youth has been charged with an offence amounting to rape under the recently strengthened law against sexual offences.
The 22-year-old victim of the sexual assault was sitting in a car outside her home in Frazer Town with a male friend on Thursday night, when she was taken away under the guise of an inquiry by a gang of youths posing as policemen.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The main perpetrator of the sexual assault has been identified as Nasir Hyder, son of Bahaddur, a local leader of the Bahujan Samaj Party.
He was nabbed after friends of the victim tracked down the Skoda Fabia car and identified Hyder before calling in the police.
“Initially, the police registered cases against Hyder and others for kidnapping and molestation but based on the complaint of the victim, charges of rape under section 376 of the Indian Penal Code as provided for in the recently amended act was also brought against the accused,” the joint commissioner of police for law and order (east) KV Sharath Chandra said.
Nasir Hyder was arrested after his car was tracked down to a hotel in east Bangalore on Sunday by the friends of the victim of the sexual assault.
According to the complaint filed by the victim, the accused was driving his Skoda Fabia in the late hours of Thursday when he noticed the victim and her friend parked in a car outside the girl’s residence.
“Hyder and his gang approached the victim and her friend posing as plain clothed policemen and forced the victim to go with them for an inquiry. One of the gang members held the victim’s friend hostage in his car while Nasir and the others took the girl away,” police said.
Nasir sexually assaulted the victim as his friends drove his car. The gang later demanded Rs 50,000 for the release of the girl and her friend but snatched an expensive watch from the victim’s friend and dumped the couple in an isolated place.
The victim later narrated her ordeal to her parents and with their support filed a complaint with the police on Friday.
Meanwhile, the victim’s friend who had taken down the registration number of the Skoda Fabia car began searching for the vehicle and spotted it parked in front of a popular bakery shop on Sunday afternoon. They waited near the car for the accused and grabbed Hyder.
Following a detailed questioning, Hyder confessed to the crime and also provided the names of his associates who were part of the crime, police said. A special team has been formed to track down the remaining accused, police said. Waseem (25) a car dealer; Mohammed Ali (26) a real estate agent; Atiq (24) a car dealer and Imtiyaz (22) a real estate agent were named as the absconding accused by the police.