The cantankerous auto-rickshaws of Bangalore may soon have a new avatar.
Even as BBMP has come up with a proposal to install GPS systems in 20,000 auto-rickshaws in the city as a means to improve commuter services, including security, transport department officials have been training auto-rickshaw drivers on using GPS systems that include an emergency button connected to a police helpline and a bill generation system apart from route maps.
The BBMP announced it would be providing Rs 6,000 to 20,000 auto rickshaws to upgrade to the GPS mode.
“Such GPS-monitor devices will enable passengers to see driver and vehicle details, speed, and will provide a real time route map on a point-to-point basis. The passengers can also avail printed invoices,” Commissioner for Transport and Road Safety K Amarnarayan said.
The GPS panel also comes with a panic button that passengers can trigger during emergency or if the driver is going off-course. The device will instantly send signals to a receiver that will be connected to law enforcement agencies who could immediately send help to the spot.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Autorickshaw unions meanwhile are demanding that all 1.20 lakh rickshaws in the city be provided GPS systems by the government.