A senior citizen who lived alone in an independent house in south Bangalore was murdered and robbed by two persons including one of his tenants on Monday morning. The co-incidental nabbing of one of the accused while he was attempting to use a bank debit card belonging to the 65-year-old victim at a petrol pump on the outskirts of Bangalore on Monday evening led to the discovery of the murder and the arrest of one of the two accused.
The victim Narasimhan G Iyengar, a businessman, lived alone at his residence at the Kamakya Layout in South Bangalore as his wife and two children were living in Europe. He was murdered by one of his tenants Chandru and his friend Raveendra around 5 am on Monday morning, police said.
Raveendra had been arrested while attempting to buy fuel after alert staff at a petrol station informed the police that Raveendra was typing in the wrong passcode while attempting to use a stolen bank debit card.
Police said that Chandru was a gambling addict who plotted to kill and rob his landlord to pay his debts. He sought his friend Raveendra’s help and the duo allegedly entered the victim’s house in the early hours of Monday.
During sustained interrogation by the Chikkajala police about his suspicious behavior at the fuel station, Raveendra admitted that he was involved in a murder in Bangalore that morning, police said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The Chikkajala police passed on information to their counterparts in south Bangalore and the murder was discovered. Bangalore police has arrested Raveendra for the murder and efforts are still on to find the tenant Chandru. The body of the victim was shifted to a hospital pending the arrival of his wife and children.