The Karnataka state Lokayukta on Friday conducted simultaneous raids on seven government servants including a 1988 batch Indian Forest Service (IFS) officer.
The raids have unearthed illegal assets to the tune of over Rs seven crore. The raids were conducted after criminal cases were registered under the provision of the Prevention of Corruption Act on Thursday based on information collected by Lokayukta officials. The IFS officer who was raided has been identified as AC Keshavamurthy who is currently serving as a Managing Director at Karnataka Soaps and Detergents Limited.
Raids were conducted at 23 premises in all on Friday the Additional Director General of Police (Lokayukta) HN Sathyanarayana Rao said. Keshavamurthy is the second IFS officer raided by the Lokayukta police within a span of one month. Last month on May 29, Hari Kumar Jha, Additional Principal Chief Conservator of Forest and Managing Director of Mysore Sales International Limited (MSIL) was raided by the Lokayukta police. The raid reportedly unearthed disproportionate assets worth Rs 1.7 crore.
The police conducted simultaneous raids on Friday at various places in Bangalore City, Belgaum, Chikamagalur, Dharwad, Gulbarga, Tumkur and Yadgir districts.
The details of the officials who were raided by the Lok Ayukta on Friday are as follows:
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
AC Keshavamurthy, IFS, Bangalore:
His total assets and expenditure is Rs 2.86 crore against an estimated income of Rs 95 lakh.
Irshad Ahmed Shamshuddin Kittur, an Assistant Engineer of Belgaum Mahanagara Palike:
His total asset and expenditure is Rs1.93 crore against an estimated income of Rs 55.5 lakh.
E Haleshappa, Assistant Engineer on deputaion with the Karnataka State Police Housing Corporation:
His total asset and expenditure is Rs 1.13 crore and estimated income is Rs 50 lakh.
Parameshwarappa H Vibhuti, secretary and office manager of Hubli-Dharwad Urban Development Authority:
His total asset and expenditure is Rs 1.14 crore and estimated income is Rs 43 lakh.
Sharanabasappa Bhovinakeri, AEE, Afzalpur Taluk Panchayath:
His total asset and expenditure is Rs 90.93 lakh and estimated income is Rs 33.5 lakh.
Shivaputrappa Halacheri, office superintendent, Karnataka Housing Board Gulbarga:
His total asset and expenditure is Rs 1.37 crore and estimated income is Rs 56 lakh.
Subhash Chandra H Sharma, Junior Engineer, Panchayath Raj, Shahapur:
His total asset and expenditure is Rs 99.62 lakh and estimated income is Rs 26.3 lakh.