An all-party delegation from Karnataka will meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi on June 10 to convey the strong opposition from the state against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa’s demand for a Cauvery Management Board.
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, after laying the foundation stone for a Gandhi statue near Vidhana Soudha in Bangalore on Friday, said he will meet Modi on Tuesday along with a delegation to request the Centre not to set up the Board. “An appeal on the matter is pending before the court. We will request the Union Government not to establish the Board until the court decides,” Siddaramaiah said.
Since there is already a supervisory committee headed by the secretary of the Union Minister for Water Resources, there is no urgency to establish a new board, the chief minister said.
“I discussed the matter with Union ministers Ananth Kumar and DV Sadananda Gowda. I will take an all-party delegation including Union ministes from the state, MPs and leaders from both Houses of the state legislature,” Siddaramaiah said.
The chief minister added that an all-party meeting will be held on Monday in Bangalore to discuss the state government’s move regarding the Cauvery issue.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review