In a big win for youth and civic groups, the state government has decided to extend the deadline for nightlife in the city till 1 am. While eateries and restaurants can now remain open till 1 am every day of the week, liquor shops and bars will be allowed to do so only on Friday and Saturday.
The decision, which comes after incessant demands to lift the 11.30 pm deadline in the city, may help the Congress party attract the votes of youths and IT-BT professionals.
Home Minister KJ George announced the decision on Saturday in Vidhana Soudha. He said the extension till 1 am has been approved on a trial basis in response to demand from a section of society. “The government order will soon reach the concerned departments including excise and police,” George said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free