Former Infosys CFO V Balakrishnan, the Aam Aadmi Party candidate from Bangalore Central constituency, indicated on Tuesday that he is contesting polls on the party ticket as he felt it was crucial for the country that the idea behind AAP succeeds.
“Clean governance and AAP’s stand against corruption and crony capitalism are the main reasons for me to contest the elections,” Balakrishnan said on Tuesday after he was presented before the media along with 12 other candidates, ahead of the Lok Sabha elections from next month.
“We are proud to announce the candidates. They are truly Aam Aadmi. They carry no baggage of corruption, of being communal or casteist,” national executive member Prithvi Reddy said.
The AAP is planning to field candidates in all 28 Lok Sabha seats in the state and has expressed intent to field persons of good standing against top leaders like Veerappa Moily and H N Ananth Kumar during the polls.
It has fielded former CRPF officer K Arkesh from Chikaballapur, where Moily is the MP, and child rights activist Nina Nayak in Bangalore South where Ananth Kumar is the sitting BJP MP.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The party will release its final list of candidates within this week, a party official said.
National convenor Arvind Kejriwal is set to visit Chikaballapur, Doddabalapur and Gauribidanur next week, apart from holding an extensive campaign in Bangalore and a rally at Freedom Park this week.
Kejriwal will tour constituencies represented by “corrupt politicians” extensively, AAP officials said. Other leaders like Yogendra Yadav will also be touring the state.