In yet another shocking incident at a school, an eight year-old girl was allegedly sexually assaulted by her 63 year-old teacher inside its premises.
Both the teacher and the principal have been arrested, a senior police official said.
The incident comes barely a month after alleged gang-rape of a six-year old girl at a high-profile school that evoked public outrage. The latest incident in Talaghattapura police limits was reported to have taken place over a period of time with the teacher taking the girl to a place on the first floor of the school and abusing her physically, a senior police official said.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
The teacher is a friend of the school Principal and had started working post retirement, Ramanagara Superintendent of Police Anupam Agarwal said.
Agarwal said that on getting to know about the incident, parents approached the school today but the Principal refused to co-operate after which they informed the police.
A case has been booked under Section 8 (Sexual Assault) and 21 (relating to failure to report the offence) under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO), he said.
In the Vibgyor High School incident, the six-year old girl was allegedly gang raped on July 2, twelve days after which a complaint was lodged with the police who have arrested two gymnastic instructors, besides the school Founder-Chairman and skating instructor. The incident that saw public erupt in anger on the streets led to police issuing stringent guidelines to schools to ensure safety of children and the government amending the Goonda Act to bring sexual offences under its ambit.