In yet another shocking incident at a school, an eight year-old girl was allegedly sexually assaulted by her 63 year-old teacher inside its premises.
Both the teacher and the principal have been arrested, a senior police official said.
The incident comes barely a month after alleged gang-rape of a six-year old girl at a high-profile school that evoked public outrage. The latest incident in Talaghattapura police limits was reported to have taken place over a period of time with the teacher taking the girl to a place on the first floor of the school and abusing her physically, a senior police official said.
The teacher is a friend of the school Principal and had started working post retirement, Ramanagara Superintendent of Police Anupam Agarwal said.
Agarwal said that on getting to know about the incident, parents approached the school today but the Principal refused to co-operate after which they informed the police.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
A case has been booked under Section 8 (Sexual Assault) and 21 (relating to failure to report the offence) under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO), he said.
In the Vibgyor High School incident, the six-year old girl was allegedly gang raped on July 2, twelve days after which a complaint was lodged with the police who have arrested two gymnastic instructors, besides the school Founder-Chairman and skating instructor. The incident that saw public erupt in anger on the streets led to police issuing stringent guidelines to schools to ensure safety of children and the government amending the Goonda Act to bring sexual offences under its ambit.