A 21-year-old person died on the spot and pillion rider sustained severe injuries when a speeding BMTC collided with their vehicle at CID junction on Sunday.
The police said the victim has been identified as Mubarak, a resident of Hegde Nagar. The injured person identified as Sharukh was shifted to Mallige hospital.
According to the police, the duo who are foothpath vendors were on the way to K R Market from Chalukya circle when the BMTC bus knocked them down.
Police said that Mubarak lost control of his vehicle and rammed into the bus. The police rushed to the spot and arrested the driver, Anand.
In another incident, a 42-year-old wall painter was killed on the spot when a tempo mowed him down near Kodigehalli gate on Saturday night.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The police said victim was walking near vacant spot in an inebriated state when the tempo which was reversing rammed into him.