A police constable who nabbed a killer after he escaped from jail last year, and an assistant sub inspector instrumental in busting a gang that stole 23 cars in southeast Bangalore were among 21 policemen “knighted” at a special event here on Wednesday.
Those felicitated at the event, Knights in Khaki, organised by the Round Table India and Ladies Circle India, include constable P M Ashraf, who helped arrest Jaishankar after he escaped from Parappana Agrahara jail in September, 2013.
“It is the first time I have come out in my uniform; we have been with the special unit and have been trained to operate anonymously. The work is stressful and we are away from our families without a routine, time table or holiday. It is a rare occasion when our contribution is publicly acknowledged,” Ashraf said.
Assistant sub inspector Sriram Reddy, attached to the Hulimavu police station, was also felicitated for busting the gang of car thieves.
Bangalore police commissioner Raghavendra Auradkar said community support and recognition boosts the morale of grassroot level policemen. “Of course the police department is an organisation of paid professionals and they are not doing philanthropic service, but these men and women have a passion to contribute to society,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The constables, head constables and assistant sub-inspectors who were “knighted” were given a shield and a set of home appliances.