A 13-year-old boy was abused and assaulted in a government-run home here for allegedly refusing to clean toilets and police have launched a manhunt for three persons, including head of the home, in connection with the incident.
“The boy was beaten with a PVC pipe by the head of the Home, Ramesh Manju for refusing to clean the toilets,” Deputy Commissioner of Police Sandeep Patil told reporters here on Friday.
“We have launched a manhunt to nab the culprits.”
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The boy, who suffered injuries in the beating on August 20, has been admitted to Indira Gandhi Institute of Child Health.
The incident came to light when the boy narrated his horrific experience to the Child Welfare Committee members during a mandatory sitting in the evening of the same day, Patil said.
On a complaint, police have booked Manju and two others, who allegedly abetted in the crime by holding the boy, he said adding under Section 23 of the Juvenile Justice Act relating to punishment for cruelty to a juvenile or a child.
They have also been booked under Section 324 of IPC for voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapons or means.
Speaking to reporters at the hospital, the boy said “the head of the home beat me with a pipe on August 20 morning when I refused to clean the toilets. He once again in the afternoon beat me with the pipe for not saying prayers before eating food,” the boy said.
“I am scared of Ramesh, I don’t want to see him again. He is very scary. I just want to leave this place and go home,” he added.
The boy said he was forcibly brought to the home on August 19 by some people when he was spending some time roaming around with his friends in the city.
The boy’s mother is a security guard and his father had deserted the family, police said, adding the victim was mistakenly taken to the government-run home.
After contacting his mother, the boy was produced before the District Child Protection Officer and admitted to the hospital.