Police believe that Muleya Zuka Syakavuba, a 20-year-old Zambian student of third year BA (economics) at St Xavier’s College here, who was found dead at her rented accommodation on Tuesday, was under depression and committed suicide due to “personal reasons”.
Watch What Else is Making news
Before hanging herself from a ceiling hook, Syakavuba had reportedly sent some messages and selfies to her boyfriend, who lives in Zambian capital city Lusaka. As Syakavuba appeared “depressed”, her boyfriend immediately called a doctor couple in Ahmedabad. They were considered close to Syakavuba.
The couple than contacted Meena Shah, owner of Syakavuba’s rented accommodation, who later discovered her body hanging in the room. Shah stays in Gurukul area, around 4 km from the paying guest accommodation.
“The reason for her suicide appears to be personal. When we investigated about her behaviour and social relations, we found that she had no conflict with anyone. Her body is still at V S Hospital for post-mortem. She did not leave any suicide note, except messages to her boyfriend,” said G S Bariya, inspector at the University police station.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
B U Jadeja, ACP, B Division, said: “Her WhatsApp messages reveal that she had been chatting with her boyfriend a lot and was depressed. However, we can’t say what actually caused depression. It could be exams of the third year and her relationship.” He said Syakavuba’s brother would soon arrive in Ahmedabad from Zambia.
“ICCR (Indian Council for Cultural Relations) officials will receive her brother from airport,” said Jigar Inamdar, ICCR regional officer at Gujarat University.
When contacted, Syakavuba’s land lady Meena Shah said: “She was a loner. She never interacted with anybody here… but, we never expected such thing would take place.”
Principal of St Xavier’s College Father Robert D’souza said that he was shocked by Syakavuba’s death. “She was a bright student. I never thought that she will do something like this. She was an introvert and a loner… She was the only student from Zambia, so she was really feeling left out. Once she came to my office and said ‘Father I feel that nobody is appreciating me here’, and I told her to keep calm. She was a religious girl. Every Sunday she used to go Church. And she was a fantastic singer. I had advised her to meet Sister Mary James who is a counselor here, but she never met her.”
The doctor couple with whom Syakavuba appeared to be close could not be reached for comment.