Gujarat chief minister Anandi Patel will be meeting foreign investors, ambassadors of different countries and industry leaders at a formal “curtain-raiser” event in New Delhi on Wednesday in connection with the upcoming seventh edition of the Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors’ Summit to be held in January, 2015.
The chief minister, who will be spearheading this state-sponsored biennial event for the first time, will deliver a keynote address and will later conduct a series of meetings with various stakeholders at the event organised at Taj Palace Hotel in New Delhi.
“Approximately 1,000 people, including representatives from industry and different media houses, have been invited for this event. Almost all the ambassadors have also been invited,” official sources said.
A special ten-minute film on Vibrant Gujarat 2015 will be shown and a 15-minute presentation about the summit will be made at the event which is being held with the support of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII). Additional Chief Secretary D J Pandian is scheduled to make the presentation.
“The chief minister will also hold one-to-one meetings with foreign investors, ambassadors and captains of the industry,” stated a release from the state government on Tuesday.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
State finance minister Saurabh Patel and Chief secretary Varesh Sinha will be among the senior representatives from the state government who will participate in this event.
Secretary of Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion, Amitabh Kant, will also deliver a special address on the occasion.
The curtain-raiser event is being organised to popularise the event scheduled to be held in Gujarat’s capital Gandhinagar on January 11-13, 2015.
The state government is also planning an aggressive social media campaign in the next four months to extract maximum mileage for the event.
Seven countries —including Holland, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Singapore, South Africa and Japan ? will be the partner countries for the summit.
The summit will follow the first-ever Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) celebration in Gujarat. PBD celebration is scheduled on January 9. Both the programmes are likely to be attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.