Gujarat chief minister Anandi Patel will be meeting foreign investors, ambassadors of different countries and industry leaders at a formal “curtain-raiser” event in New Delhi on Wednesday in connection with the upcoming seventh edition of the Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors’ Summit to be held in January, 2015.
The chief minister, who will be spearheading this state-sponsored biennial event for the first time, will deliver a keynote address and will later conduct a series of meetings with various stakeholders at the event organised at Taj Palace Hotel in New Delhi.
“Approximately 1,000 people, including representatives from industry and different media houses, have been invited for this event. Almost all the ambassadors have also been invited,” official sources said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
A special ten-minute film on Vibrant Gujarat 2015 will be shown and a 15-minute presentation about the summit will be made at the event which is being held with the support of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII). Additional Chief Secretary D J Pandian is scheduled to make the presentation.
“The chief minister will also hold one-to-one meetings with foreign investors, ambassadors and captains of the industry,” stated a release from the state government on Tuesday.
State finance minister Saurabh Patel and Chief secretary Varesh Sinha will be among the senior representatives from the state government who will participate in this event.
Secretary of Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion, Amitabh Kant, will also deliver a special address on the occasion.
The curtain-raiser event is being organised to popularise the event scheduled to be held in Gujarat’s capital Gandhinagar on January 11-13, 2015.
The state government is also planning an aggressive social media campaign in the next four months to extract maximum mileage for the event.
Seven countries —including Holland, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Singapore, South Africa and Japan ? will be the partner countries for the summit.
The summit will follow the first-ever Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) celebration in Gujarat. PBD celebration is scheduled on January 9. Both the programmes are likely to be attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.